Friday, April 1, 2011

Not Rare

Women in the gaming world are considered a rare and exotic flower or mythical creature one has heard about but never been seen and thus do not blelieve in. But this is not so.

I am a gamer, and also a girl. Yes i was born a girl and still am a girl and no the world hasnt ended. Not yet anyway.

I will give you alittle of my background history of my foray into gaming. I started playing video games as a young child on NES and super nintendo. I probably really didnt start getting into it until high school. Because that was when i met people who also liked to play video games. By then i had moved up to N64 then the Gamecube. Yeah I know i was stuck in the nintendo brand erra. By the time I graduated high school i moved up into the PC world. I admit like a child with a new toy I forgot about the responsbilities of life and ingnored other aspects of my life that were more important like school. It took me a few years to find a nice balance in my life. I now have a pretty good balance between life, work and video games now.  Though all of my gaming is now done on a PC computer that I had custom built by a friend.

In this Blog I have decided to write, which I admit I have made out of sheer boredness and the decision that it was time write out my thoughts again. So in this blog I have decided to write, I will of course write about my experiences of being a female gamer in a world all the male gamers think they own and I will also write reviews about games maybe even some guides to games I currently play. Not to mention the few gaming events I do attend like next weekends up coming Intel LANfest in Folsom,ca.

But to end my first post I want to say this, we the gamer chicks are not rare. We are out there but you males dont want to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment