Monday, April 25, 2011

Intel lanfest April 2011 overview

Its been a busy few weeks since Lanfest and havent been able to post any follow up since my post from the actual event. But I am back and here is the over view.

So first off the entire weekend was a huge success. The entire event was sold out 2 weeks before the actual event. And it all went to charity. Saturday was a pretty laid back day, the only tournaments i believe that were going on was the Starcraft 2 tournament. No one in my group particiapted in the tournament, so we mostly hung out, looked at the vendors and played a few games. Two of my friends won in the raffle on Saturday and I won a harddrive from Western Digital by doing a survey. On sunday we had the Team Fortress 2 tournament which 4 of us particpated in. Only one of our party members made it into the finals but unfortuantly his team didnt win. Bad timing and procasintaors I believe contributed to that loss. In the last day of raffles 2 more people of our group won prizes. Our friend Ryan won a headset and our friend Matt's wife won a cooling system. It was crazy, fun, and a overall great weekend. I can't wait for the next event in the fall.

Photobucket

Intel lanfest

No comments:

Post a Comment